Netflix broadcasts its content according to its user’s location, thanks to the licensing & copyright agreements. However, there are some loopholes in Netflix’s geo-blocking scheme and as users, we can make the most of these flaws. The question here is “how to change the Netflix region to access geo-restricted libraries?”
Well, the answer is simple, using a VPN is the most effective & easy way to change your Netflix region and unblock Netflix geo-restricted content. A VPN hides your current location and makes you appear in another region. In this article we have covered the whole topic; let’s get started.
A Quick Look at the Best VPNs to Change Your Netflix Region:
The best way to change your Netflix region is the use of a VPN. We have listed the 5 best VPNs that we have tested. Let’s have a look.
|VPNs||Compatible Devices||Unblocked Netflix libraries|
|ExpressVPN||Mac, iOS, Android, Windows, Linux, Apple TV & Fire Stick.||Unblocks 30 famous libraries including US, UK, Australia, Brazil, Japan, Canada,|
|NordVPN||Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux||Unlocks US, UK, Canada, Germany, Japan, India, and Australia|
|Surfshark VPN||Windows, iOS, macOS, & Android||Unlocks more than 15 Netflix libraries including US, UK, Canada, Germany, Japan, India, and Australia|
|IPVanish||Windows, iOS, macOS, & Android, Linux||US & Japan|
|Cyberghost||macOS, Amazon Fire TV, iOS, Linux, Windows, Android.||UK, US, France, Canada, and Germany.|
There’s no doubt that ExpressVPN is the best choice for changing your Netflix region & streaming geo-restricted content. ExpressVPN has a vast network of 3,000 servers in 94 countries.
With an average speed of 135 Mbps, ExpressVPN efficiently unblocks more than 30 famous Netflix libraries including the US, UK, Canada, & Japan.
ExpressVPN provides unlimited data transfer which is vital for streaming Netflix. Besides Netflix, you can also stream Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer with the help of ExpressVPN.
With the ExpressVPN Media streamer option, you can enjoy this service on devices that do not support VPN. Moreover, Express VPN has a strict no-logs policy, which keeps your internet anonymity secure.
- Unblocks more than 30 popular Netflix Libraries like US, UK, Australia, Brazil, Japan, etc.
- Superfast reliable speed 135Mbps
- 24/7 Customer Support and 30 days money-back guarantee.
- Supports 5 devices and provides unlimited bandwidth
NordVPN is an excellent choice for changing your Netflix region & streaming region-restricted Netflix content. It is the most secure option available right now. NordVPN has even won the 2019 Pro privacy best overall award.
It has 5,310 servers spread in 59 countries worldwide. With this big number of servers, it is impossible for Netflix to block NordVPN completely.
NordVPN has an average speed of 115Mbps and a video streaming support of 4K UHD. Binge-racers can easily unlock Netflix libraries of the US, UK, Canada, Germany, Japan, India, and Australia.
NordVPN also offers a 30-days money-back guarantee & 24/7 customer support. Besides, you can stream Netflix on 6 different devices simultaneously. Find out more in our detailed guide on NordVPN for Netflix.
- Provides the secure streaming option
- Unblocks Netflix Libraries of the US, UK, Germany, Canada, Japan, France, Netherlands, and many others.
- Fast speed of around 115 Mbps
- AES with 256-bit keys
- 24/7 support, 30 days money-back guarantee
- Also unblocks Hulu, Amazon Prime, YouTube, HBO Max, Disney+, BBC iPlayer & more.
- No Kill switch on android
- No labels on streaming servers
3. Surfshark VPN:
Surfshark is an economical option available to change the Netflix region. It has a network of 3,200 servers in 65 countries
With Surfshark you can unblock more than 15 Netflix libraries including US, Canada, UK, Germany, Australia & India.
It is an easy-to-use VPN with a user-friendly interface. Surfshark uses the “WireGuard” protocol which has an amazing impact on the overall speed of the VPN. For further information about Surfshark VPN for Netflix, you can go through our guide.
- User-friendly interface
- Reasonable Price
- Unblock Netflix Libraries of the US, Germany, Australia, India, Canada & UK
- Offers an average speed of 71Mbps
- No support number is available for on-call resolution of issues.
Ipvanish has 1600 servers in 75 locations and it is another amazing VPN to change your Netflix region & stream geo-restricted Netflix libraries.
Netflix US library has the biggest content catalog and the binge-watchers are always after it. Ipvanish lets you stream through the US library and watch your favorite content. It also unblocks Netflix Japan which is another treasure to uncover.
The average speed of IPvanish is 63 Mbps and it offers unlimited simultaneous connections. It also offers a free trial on iOS devices.
- Unlimited connections
- Unblock US & Japan Netflix Libraries.
- Offers a free trial on iOS devices.
- 30 days money-back guarantee.
- The average speed is 63Mbps
- Optimized servers are less in number
- Customer support is not supportive.
5. CyberGhost VPN:
With CyberGhost, you can easily change your Netflix region and enjoy streaming the geo-blocked libraries. Cyberghost offers an average speed of 58 Mbps. It has 7,417 servers in 91 countries.
Besides being good at streaming Netflix, Cyberghost is good with Amazon, HBO Now, Crunchy roll, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, etc.
You can connect to up to seven different devices simultaneously using Cyberghost VPN. The Cyberghost app is available for macOS, Amazon Fire TV, iOS, Linux, Windows, Android.
- Unlimited connections
- Unblock US & Japan Netflix Libraries
- Offers a free trial on iOS devices
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- The average speed is 63Mbps.
- Live support is only available via email ticket & live chat
How to Change Netflix Region On iOS Devices?
Here’s how you do it :
- Open App Store & search for your desired VPN to install on your device.
- Enter your details & log in to your VPN account
- Select your desired country & pick a server.
- Open Netflix and stream the Geo-restricted content.
How to Change Netflix Region On Android Device?
If you want to stream the geo-restricted Netflix content on your android device, here’s how you do it:
- Go to the Google Play Store & install the VPN.
- Log in to the VPN account
- Choose your desired country
- Open the Netflix app and enjoy the content of your choice.
Can I Watch Netflix With a Free VPN?
We do not recommend a free VPN for watching any kind of online video content. Here’s why:
- A free VPN is not secure enough: It doesn’t provide strong encryption to protect your online privacy. You can never trust Free VPNs with your online data. Most of them sell your information to third parties. Moreover, you will also find that your online activity is bombarded with irrelevant ads. The free VPN will also track cookies when you are online
- Free VPNs will use your data allowance: Free VPNs mostly come with a data cap. As streaming requires unlimited data, consuming the free data allowance will not take you long.
- A free cannot unlock region-restricted Netflix libraries: Although most of them claim to unlock geo-restricted Netflix libraries, the reality is quite the opposite. Netflix VPN blocking software is getting stronger day by day that even a few paid VPNs are unable to bypass them let alone a free VPN.
Which Countries Have The Biggest Netflix Content Catalogs?
Netflix has expanded its network in 190 countries, therefore technically there are 190 Netflix libraries available. We can’t list them all here, however, let’s have look at the countries with the biggest content catalogs
|United States||5,897(Movies 4035, TV shows 1844)|
|Canada||5,692( Movies 4043)|
But, you can’t stream all these titles, unless you have a VPN. Therefore, using a VPN is inevitable.
How To Change Netflix Region-FAQs
Is changing Netflix region illegal?
Which country has the best Netflix?
Which country has the best Netflix anime?
Will Netflix discover, if I use a VPN?